Saturday, September 17, 2011

WK 10: S.W.O.T Analysis / Final

Caribe a la Carte will be operating in the greater Las Vegas area, providing food with recipes from the Caribbean. The strengths that benefit this particular business are the demographics of the Las Vegas area. According to the 2010 Census, there are 62.1% Caucasian, 47.9% Hispanics, 11.1% African American. There is an obvious presence in the Hispanic community and their buying power has been taken into consideration. The median income in Las Vegas on average is 53,000 per annually. Since my business is selling Caribbean food, the demographics in this region provides a strong base. Another strength that my company will have is in the recipes. Serving authentic foods dishes from the Caribbean and some fusion dishes will be a big hit in this region. “In today’s hypercompetitive world the race for competitive advantage is really a race for customer and market insights.” My business has a weak point, and that is the current economic situation in the state of Nevada. The unemployment rate is at an all-time high at 13.1%, and the locals aren’t making the money off of the tourists like they used to in the past. The economy is a force that is obviously affecting the region, but this maybe a temporary downfall. The opportunities to market my products are not limited to the strip. I have the opportunity to partner up with businesses that are willing to share their parking lot so that I may conduct business. In turn, I promote their business through my social media networks, and they will do so in return. I also will partner up with promoters who organize events, such like Reggae in the Desert so that my customers can have a choice to go to an event and enjoy great food all in one night. Promoting a lifestyle, culture that co-exists with one another. A major threat that directly involves this business is the possible unreliability in the supply chain. Fresh ingredients for my menu are a must because I’m depending on the customer’s word of mouth for a form of advertising. The other possible threat is other food trucks that operate within my area.

No comments:

Post a Comment